Tuesday, September 23, 2008

We have internet - sort of.....

Still no electricity but when I plug the computer into the generator power, I can get online in my own home!!! Now that's a treat since I'm sick of having to drive to the City Hall and sit in the parking lot. The only thing good about that was that I was at least sitting in the air conditioned car. Anyway, my phone will work and my internet will work as long as I have it plugged in. But I will unplug it when we're not using it to hopefully avoid a power surge toasting everything.

Last night we came home from the Hintze's (dinner & a/c!) and the block just to the left of us has power so we are hoping today will be the day!! It's soooo close!!!!!

We're tired of camping now and I'm ready to fix my hair and make-up. Our upstairs is a disaster area since we even haven't unpacked from evacuating yet. It's as hot as an oven up there!

No comments: