Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mosquitoes need to die!

This is a portion of an Ike update from the City of Lake Jackson's mayor on our city's website:

There is help coming on the mosquito front. In addition to the County Mosquito District planes and spray trucks and the City’s two spray trucks, the Feds have sent 5 spray planes that are at our County airport. They will be spraying from 10 pm to 6 am beginning tonight along the coastal areas. This should really help.

This is wonderful news and hopefully it will really help. The only problem with this is that many of us in town are still sleeping with our windows open since we don't have electricity. I'll take the risk of getting cancer from breathing in the stuff over mosquito bites anyday. Maybe they'll have a cure by then.

The mosquitoes are going to carry us all away soon! When I pull my mail out of the mailbox about 50 mosquitoes come out with it. I have to shake off my mail before I bring it in. It's also very difficult to drive and stay on the road because they are flying around in my car and biting my feet! What is their reason for existence anyway??? Anna discovered in her science lesson yesterday that it's the female mosquitoes that use their little piercing sucker mouths on us. Go figure...

Jakeb had a great idea last night!! He proposed that in late August or early September when the mosquitoes are so horrible down here, that the city picks a day and they tell everyone to stay inside and then they throw a massive county-sized mosquito bomb on us. I, for one, would even be willing to evacuate for a day or two for that if it would help. I think people would be more willing to evacuate for a mosquito bomb than a hurricane, don't you?

1 comment:

praynlady said...

I am laughing at the part about the female mosquito. That must be in some freakish way, how God is allowing females to make men suffer for all the "men" stuff out there.
MENtal
Menstrual
Meningitis
Menopause
and there are more but I can't remember them...Edie sent me a card that reminded me of all of that! haha
Call me if you need the list.

All the gals have is "Hericanes"