Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Last Ike Post

This will be my last post about Ike and what we are going through. We've been pretty disconnected from what is going on in the rest of the world since we have no tv and limited time on the internet so forgive my ignorance if what I've been writing has seemed inconsiderate in any way. Although it is our story and there's nothing wrong with that, what we're having to deal with just seems pretty trivial in comparison to others who have no home at all. So, this is it. I'm not going to make you read about any more of our petty issues. As if I could make you read this anyway. This is a post I just read and found insightful so I'll pass it along.

More blogging later, don't know when and don't know what about.

3 comments:

Kiki said...

You poor thing! I just stumbled on your blog and started reading. I live in California where the worst that we have are quakes but I travel quite a bit and know the devistation of mother nature. I was in New Orleans 2 days before Katrina hit! Keep on blogging about whatever you need to blog about! I will be chekcing back on your family.

Nella mia soffitta... said...

Hi to everybody...
I saw all the damage caused by the ike hurricane on tv...
It's terrible... a lot of families now are without an home...and...well.. after all you are very lucky.. you are safe... and all the material things can be rebuild!
I'm thinking of you... I'm near to you... also if you don't know me.. also if I'm not so near from you... I live in Rome!
Stick out... after the clouds the sun come back...always! :-)
An hug
Chiara

Andrea said...

It's very interesting that you two have commented from such a distance. We appreciate your concern and your thoughts.

Even with the destructive path of a hurricane we still feel very fortunate to be able to know that it is coming and have the time to plan and evacuate to safety.

Take care, Chiara from Rome and Kiki from Cali.