Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bird in my Kitchen- Update

Well, there was a bird in my kitchen but it wasn't in the air vent. It actually ended being in the cabinet over our microwave/vent hood thing. My plan was to duct tape the cabinet doors together until Tommy got home, which I actually did. But Jakeb and Anna decided they wanted to set it free.

I'm okay with animals and bugs when their on their turf but when they invade mine, they're outta luck. My kitchen cabinet, my turf, he chose poorly.

Jakeb got his sunglasses and work gloves to protect himself from this viscious, tiny bird and I, of course, got my video camera. The videos are kind of long so I'm not sure if I want to post them or not and I didn't even get the best parts.

Anyway, long story short, the bird flew to freedom all through our downstairs and ended up in the front office (our current family bedroom) and kept trying to get out through the window. Jakeb couldn't get it and it was getting quite frustrated. We heard a car honk going by our house and it happened to be my sister, Colleen, her husband, Paul and their daughter, Kendra. Jakeb ran outside to flag them down for help but they didn't see him. He called and they came back and Kendra trapped the bird in a box she just happened to have that had a lid with holes. Kendra took him outside to freedom. We thanked them. They left. It was pretty exciting and the kids got out of doing their school work for a half hour or so.

5 or 10 minutes later the bird was back in the cabinet!! The duct tape went back on the door and we continued with school and waited for Tommy to get home.

Tommy got home, the bird was not there, guess he found his way back out or he's dead somewhere in our attic. There's only one place that we can think of where he got in and it's not a quick fix so we're wondering what kind of bird sanctuary (or cemetery) we have in our attic.....

No comments: