Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Caravan of Despair!

Tori and I had to go to Houston this afternoon for a therapy appointment for some back problems she's been having and on the way home we see a really long caravan of electrical trucks heading north - as in away from us. I'm so thankful they were here but as we close out Tuesday, day 11, we still do not have electricity. The thermostat in our kitchen registered 85 again today as we were sitting around the table doing school. Anyway, it was a horrible feeling in my stomach to see them leaving when there are so many people without power. The city website said today that only 46% of Lake Jackson is with power. If you are one of the 46%, please pray for the other 54%! Hopefully those trucks will be coming back our way tomorrow.

Update 9/24: Oops, I guess that was kind of an Ike update, huh? Oh well, it's where we're at and it's our blog and you don't have to read it if you don't want to. You go for 11+ days without electricity and see if all you don't start thinking about a/c all of the time. I'm not whining, though, really! :) We've had many offers to stay with friends and family but if you recall, I hate packing and I like being in my home, sleeping in my own mattress (even tho it's on a floor) and going by my schedule. I think we pretty much all do. So, we're sticking it out for now..... Electricity guys, please come back!!!!!

No comments: