Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike 5am Update

Well, the storm is bad but it's not blowing anything over that I can tell. I can't take any pictures cause it's just too dark and I'm not going outside. There was a crazy person outside with a spotlight looking around, though. I watched the news but couldn't find anything out about Lake Jackson/Clute area. We have part of one window uncovered in the kitchen so I only have a minimal view. Other than that, I just hear alot of popping as the winds gust and things hit the boarded up windows. It's pretty weird.

Everyone is sleeping.... but me. I'm such a light sleeper and now that I'm awake, I'm afraid it's for good. Our power went out at around 11pm last night which is weird cause it wasn't even raining or overly windy at that point. I'm using my charged up laptop so I'm trying to make it quick so it will last longer. Obviously, the internet is still up. Danny has the generator running for the refrigerators and fans so it's not bad at all. The fans are also helping to drown out the noises so that's probably what's helping everyone sleep.

I think I'm going to try to make some coffee and spend some time praying, not that I really have a clue how to pray for this. Hope it helps - the coffee and the praying. It's probably going to be a long day.

No comments: