Thursday, September 04, 2008

1:06

We often mark memorable events by the time that they happen. A beginning, an ending, a celebration, a tragedy, a birth, a death.......

1:06am, Thursday, September 4th marks the time when Bumpa (Les Cheaver) went Home.

Tommy and I and Jenny and Phillip spent our evening at Herman Hospital last night with our good friends and their family as they prayed hard for a miracle but basically waited for their father, father-in-law, grandpa (Bumpa), husband, brother, uncle and friend to stop living life on earth.

It was a flashback of sorts for me personally as it was at this same time, almost to the day, that we were in the same hospital with my family 8 years ago with my nephew, praying and waiting.......

At 1:06am, September 4th, 2008, Les released his final breath on this finite earth in his finite body and at 1:06am, September 4th, 2008, Les took his first breath of real life - eternal life in his infinite, healed and perfect body. I guess you could say, and I quote liberally and respectfully, "It was the worst of times and it was the best of times."

Les and Ian, you are both missed.

1 comment:

Willson's Family Blog said...

I couldn't have said it better! I love you...I will never be able to thank everyone enough! The "Bump" will be greatly missed...Dedee