Friday, August 20, 2004

Personality .... does it fit?

I found a link to this free personality test on Scott Williams blog. Here's how I scored:


Enneagram



Type Five The Investigator The perceptive, cerebral type. Fives are alert, insightful, and curious. They are able to concentrate and focus on developing complex ideas and skills. Independent, innovative, and inventive, they can also become preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs. They become detached, yet high-strung and intense. They typically have problems with eccentricity, nihilism, and isolation. At their Best: visionary pioneers, often ahead of their time, and able to see the world in an entirely new way.


I have a hard time with some of this ... "visionary pioneer"? Yet on other parts I think it nailed me "preoccupied with their thoughts and imaginary constructs". I do kind of look like that guy in the picture. Others who have my personality: Albert Einstein (ha), Bill Gates, John Lennon, Stephen King, Tim Burton, Friedrich Nietzsche, Vincent Van Gogh, and Kurt Cobain. What a crowd.

If you know me do you think they got me right?

Click on the link above and try it for yourself.

7 comments:

Ronnie Whitehead said...

Tommy,
I took the profile and found myself to be:

The Enthusiast
"The busy, productive type. Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied."

Seems to have nailed me pretty good. Ya think?

Tommy said...

Andrea: They were all rich enough to pay other people to take out the trash.

Isn't the achiever (the one who enjoys doing) supposed to take the trash to the curb.

You know I'm kidding. I think we make a pretty good match for one another. Don't you? And you know that I'm madly in love with you as well. - Tommy

Phillip Hintze said...

hey, you two get a room!

Ronnie Whitehead said...

Just when you think it's safe to blog .. it goes from G to PG-13.

Willson's Family Blog said...

Tommy,

The profile is a little scary...how do they know me so well....

I scored equally as The Enthusiast (Highly responsive? Excitable? Extroverted? Lively? Spontaneous? Hyperactive? Doing and saying whatever comes to mind? Flamboyant exxagerations? Scattered? Impulsive? Compulsive actions? How did Kirk get them all this information?)

The Helper (I like this one better...Compassionate, caring, concerned, service is important...then it goes down hill...People pleaser, emotionally demonstrative...intrusive...codependent...Randy will love this one...feel they are indispensible...you gotta love that one...Abuse food and medication to "stuff feelings" Jennifer you gotta love that one...)

The only positive in this is, I have never kidded myself that I am anything but all of these things and more...but, I figure God made me this way for some crazy reason and I might as well enjoy it while I can...Poor Kirk! This is fun...Dedee

Tommy said...

Dedee, they do know us a little too well. But if the profile fits ... wear it.

Anonymous said...

Randy Here...Well I just don't agree at all that I scored so low on the Challenger side...I'm most certainly a 9 or 10!!!