Thursday, August 12, 2004

Leadership Summit 1st Day

Today was a good day. Nice and cool which is weird for Texas in August. The Leadership Summit was good and I learned some stuff.

Bill Hybels said sometimes I have to do what leadership requires, not just what fits into my nice neat schedule; especially during "challenge peaks".

Pat Summitt made me ask myself "Would I want to work with me?"

And then Bishop T.D. Jakes Sr. got up and spoke. No matter what you think of T.D. Jakes style or theology, he is a man who obviously loves God and is one of the most dynamic speakers I have ever heard. Of the three speakers, he brought the most substance. More than I could possibly write here, in fact I am still processing some of it.

Questions T.D. Jakes made me ask myself:

Am I seeking God? If I am not I cannot take people to places spiritually I have not been myself!
Am I willing to be different? Am I comfortable in my own skin?

There are more, but these couple impacted me the most. I may write more tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ronnie Whitehead said...

Being a leader is a two-edged sword. We like it when people follow us as we lead them in a positive, godly direction; but we cringe when we find ourselves leading them in a direction that isn't godly or doesn't take the path that God has laid out for us. I've done both and I like the first type better.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to work with myself. I'm not real sure how others do it.