Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Fighting with myself

I woke up this morning tired from going to bed late. My eyes had a hard time staying open, my legs were sore to the bone from working on the camper on Monday and running yesterday morning.

My plan was to run a couple of miles this morning but everything in me was finding an excuse to skip it. You know the drill. I'm thinking to myself "I really should run" but another part of my mind is saying "you really should check out that Wiggles video sitting on the TV." Anything to keep from having to get out of the door.

Eventually I convinced myself that I should at least put on my running shorts and make an attempt at it. But then I am distracted by a news story about the man President Bush named as the new director of the CIA. Funny, I've never cared about the CIA before.

After arguing with myself a little while longer I stepped outside the door and started a slow jog. I ran ... not far and not fast but I ran. And when I got home I felt excellent and wondered why I had ever argued with myself about it.

Why is it so hard to do something that makes me feel good and has so many benefits to my body and my mind? It just doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

Phillip Hintze said...

dude, you didn't miss too much by skipping the Wiggles...

Tommy said...

NICOLAE I can relate ... so what are you trying to say about my girth?