Thursday, August 19, 2004

I want to ride my bicycle ...

My bicycle of 13 years has come up missing. I bought it the month before Tori was born ... now it's gone. I rode it to work this morning and when I got there I was warned. "You should bring your bike inside where it will be protected from thieves who come only to steal kill and destroy." But I ignored the sound advice and left my bike outside. After 13 years of leaving it everywhere, I find it ironic the day I was warned is the day it disappeared. Maybe those who took my white bike will send a ransom note.

Having to walk home and back for lunch was probably good for me anyway.

Sing it with me "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike ..."

2 comments:

Ronnie Whitehead said...

You can try Tommy, but Cory is pretty protective of his new bike. And ... the puts his away when he's done with it. Well .. maybe I do.

Tommy said...

No my bike's still gone. They can take my bike but I still have my feet. Run on ...