Saturday, August 14, 2004

Leadership Summit Day 2

Steven Sample, president of USC is one of the most intriguing people I’ve heard so far. He is a extremely intelligent guy who has both an artsy and technical mind and yet seems like he could be my grandpa.

He wrote the book, “The Contrarian’s Guide to Leadership”. A contrarian is someone who thinks, not counter to conventional wisdom, but one who uses their mind “to break free of conventional thinking so as to bring your natural creativity and intellectual independence to the fore”. Makes me wish I were one.

Tim Sanders told me to live from my abundance rather than from my scarcity. He also quoted Dale Carnegie: “You will accomplish more in two months by trying to get to know two people than you will in two years trying to get two people to know you.”

And Marcus Buckingham was very business-like as he reminded me to be “beautifully clear” in my communication.

Just some random thoughts from day two ...

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Thank You Donna