Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Yesterday Was A Day! (Profound, huh?)

Yesterday started early for me, as is usual, but I hit the ground running (well not actually cause I haven't run in a while and haven't even walked very much here lately). Anyway, it was a day with a very long “to do” list and schedule. I started with a few personal errands but was home by 10 to make some dr.’s appointment calls for the kids and then take Anna and Jakeb to the eye dr.

Jakeb got contacts and didn’t like them at all. His prescription wasn't that bad so I guess we’ll go get him some glasses sometime soon so he can see the tv and such. Anna’s eye prescription has doubled just since August. We got her some really cool glasses that she loves a lot! She’ll have to wear hers all the time now. She looks so grown up! Tori got some new glasses as well and hers are cool too but she wears contacts mostly so you probably won’t see the glasses too often.

We have super good insurance now and we used it a lot yesterday! Since Tommy changed jobs, our new insurance wasn't effective until July 1st and we broke it in good yesterday!

So then, we went to the new little food place at the mall where the Soda Shop used to be and got some drinks. We taste tested almost all of the fresh fruit waters and ended up with a lemonade, watermelon, a strawberry milk shake and something else that was tasty and they said would clean out my kidneys. Oh, and a cinnamon stick thing that we shared. It was messy but okay.

Then I went to get Tori’s last prescription for her Kenya trip, Malaria. I really didn’t think insurance would cover it but once again, instead of paying $105, I paid a $10 copay and I was out of there. That’s awesome!! Guess they’d rather pay for the drugs than for the hospital fees if she got malaria.

A stop at Target for a jacket that I had seen that was on clearance and then to Walmart to grab stuff for dinner and something to clean our blinds (they're awful!). Then took Tori to the dr. for something relatively simple that ended up taking over an hour. Then to the movie store to get a credit for a damaged rental and to pick up some pants at the cleaners in the rain. Oh well...

A brief moment at home and then off to pick up the girls glasses and use a coupon for some free stuff at Bath & Body.

Then home again to finally eat dinner at 7pm and watch Wipe Out with the family. We’ve found this show strangely funny. We laugh so hard but those people get hurt so it’s kind of sad that we’re laughing. Oh well, they signed up for it. I think we mostly find it funny that people will actually go on tv and make such fools of themselves.

I finished off my day as usual, sitting on the couch with Tommy zoning out until we both decide it's time to go to bed. That happened at about 9:00 last night. I know we're so old!!

Today will be a little more relaxed. I’ve got to work on some things on the computer and hopefully finish scraping off my bathroom wallpaper. I am about to get ready to head out to see if Target has a Wii Fit. They said to check back in the mornings. Everyone in town is out of those little white things you stand on.

I can’t believe you read this whole thing. Did you skim? What if you missed something good? Hey, at least there’s no video this time!

No comments: