Monday, July 07, 2008

How 'bout that finale? WOW!!

I love this movie! I think it’s one of my all-time favorites. I know many people have issues with Johnny Depp and although I think he’s weird, he’s an incredibly talented actor! Anyway, at about 2 minutes of this clip are the lines that go along with this post. You should watch the first two minutes until this part cause it's just the best part but then after that, you can cut it off if you want.



We had a jam-packed weekend of family fun so I’ll describe it here and add pictures a little later. I’m waiting for Tori to send me a few that she has on her camera.

July 4th – we got up at the crack of dawn to go run/walk the Firecracker 4. Tommy and Jakeb ran the 4 mile and Tori, Anna and I walked the 2 mile. We had a great time together and Anna got 1st place in the walk for the second year in a row! Tori and I tied for 3rd in the walk which is not really all that big of a deal considering I think there were only about 15 people walking in it to begin with.

We ate a huge holiday lunch – steak and fresh corn on the cob. It was super yummy! We never eat steak so this was a real treat for the kids. Anna could never be a vegetarian, she loves meat!!

Then at about 7pm we met our family at the mall to visit, eat and watch the fireworks. It’s a big family tradition for probably over 15 years now. This was the inspiration for the Wonka movie clip. The fireworks were okay but the grand finale was probably the best one they've done.

July 5th - Saturday morning, yet again at the crack of dawn, we woke up and got on the road to head to Dallas for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party graciously hosted by my sister and brother-in-law at their new house. We had a great time and I think they had a great time! Some extended family showed up and we ate (our family does that very well!) and swam and the “talented” members in our family performed a show for mom and dad with all their favorites and a few new ones. This was definitely the highlight for them. I think we even made them tear up a time or two. Then my sister, Edie, took them to the Gaylord Texan where we had set up a two night stay with the “romance” package. We went over there for a bit on Sunday so they could hang out with their kids and grandkids and we could all see that place – it’s pretty excessive! It was a special treat and I think Mom and Dad enjoyed a lot.

July 6th - Jakeb, Anna and I stayed in Dallas with my sister. Tommy and Tori had to go home after the weekend of festivities to work – bummer for them. It was hard to say goodbye to them but I know we’ll have a good time here and it will certainly be nice to visit with my sister and the kids sure are enjoying the pool.

As I reflect back over the weekend it has definitely been a whirlwind of travel and activity, spending money, a little drama (what family gathering would be complete without that?) and the addition of some new and great memories. Mom and Dad have been married now for 50 years and thankfully, it’s not the “finale” but it is definitely a milestone. What a gift they’ve given to their family through their commitment. I pray we can give our kids the same gift. Tomy & I are on our way with the 20 years that we’ll celebrate this November. Marriage is quite a ride and like most marriages, we'll be able to say, ”It was a little dodgey in the middle part but, then that finale, WOW!” I just hope that the finale is a long time away.

2 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

Who's Dawn and why are you talking about her crack?

Glad you guys had a good time!

Andrea said...

My guess is you haven't seen "Dawn" in a long time. Maybe you could meet her sometime.

Where did that phrase come from anyway?