Saturday, July 19, 2008

Last call from Chicago

I got my last U.S. phone call from Tori at about 3:30 PM yesterday before they boarded the plane in Chicago to cross the ocean. She was doing okay, struggling a bit emotionally and not looking forward at all to the long flight, but okay. She's such a trooper! I think once she gets to step onto Kenyan soil and gets to see the faces of the precious children she's been longing to see for two years, she'll be in good shape.

I don't expect to hear from her until they get back to Chicago on the way home. Aaron said that since I'm updating the Kenya trip blog, maybe he'll be able to let Tori call me with an update once or twice instead of him. It would be great to hear her voice. I know it's only about 7 days with no potential contact but I guess it's a mental thing. Just knowing that you have no clue what is going on in the life of someone you love so much and feel responsible for is hard.

I was hoping to get an email from Kirk Willson in London with some pics from Chicago airport and their lunch excursion but it didn't go through. They should be arriving in Nairobi in a little less than 5 hours from now. Hopefully I'll hear something soon.

I miss by "baby". We all do! Thanks to all who are praying!!

No comments: