Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tori say's "HI"!

Tori texted me the last two nights. On Tuesday night, she just told me goodnight and that they were going to have a super busy day on Wednesday but it would fun and to tell everybody hi. So... Tori says "HI"! to you all...

I had texted her back, not knowing if she would get it or not but she did! The day before, in our brief phone call she had told me that she felt sick and that it was probably altitude sickness. So in my text to her I asked her if she was feeling better.

In the mean time, last night I got word from a team members wife that there were a few members of the team that were pretty sick. All he said was that one female in particular was not doing very well at all and the others were females too. Key word being "he". The message was from a guy so not very many details were shared. So... I really wanted to know if one of those was Tori but had no way to find out so I just prayed.

In Tori's text last night she said she was feeling a lot better. So that was hugely comforting to me!

Please pray for the team and especially for those who are sick. They are sore and exhausted. They should be finishing up their work day for Thursday about now but they still have Friday left. They are making good progress though so I'm sure it's a good exhausted. On Saturday, they'll begin their journey back with a safari and a trip to the giraffe center and some shopping over the weekend. A couple of updates were posted on the hope4kenya blog last night if you want to read the lastest.

I think they are probably realizing about now that they cannot accomplish all they'd like and it will be hard to leave. Pray that the team will know that they did all they could in the time they had and offered God's HOPE and love to the people of Kenya.

No comments: