Monday, June 01, 2009

Catchin' Up

So this weekend has been pretty full. Our days are pretty full right now in general but mostly with fun stuff and not all the packing and planning junk so I don't mind this kind of busy.

Saturday, Tori and Jakeb had their Kenya trip training and I went to take the team pic. I'm not a photographer but at least it's captured. They are really excited about going now as if they weren't before. The trip is in July. You'll be able to follow along on the Kenya blog soon.

We are staying with my parents right now since we have no home. It's weird coming back to my mom & dad's house with your whole family after being married for 20 years. But, hey, it's better than living under the highway. :) This is my mom, Matthew (my nephew) and Anna playing Canasta and one of the things I love the most about staying here. My mom is always up for a game with her grandkids and she rarely shows them mercy. Look at her face. She's goin' in for the kill and they don't know what's about to hit 'em.

Saturday night, Tommy's brother and his wife took us all and Tommy's parents to Perry's Steakhouse. Man, what an incredible meal and a rare (no pun intended) treat for us. I'm not sure I've ever been that full! Thanks, Toby & Kim. It was a very memorable evening for us.

This place was right next door to Perry's. I thought it was funny and ironic.

So, on Sunday, we went to see some good friends and a previous pastor of ours, Bro. Robin and Diane and their son Daniel. They are now at FBC Crosby and we really enjoyed going to church with them and then eating Mexican food at Iguana Joe's in big ole' Crosby, Tx. I so regret not taking any pictures. I had my camera in my purse but I guess we were just having too much fun talking and eating.

This picture is from Ecclesia where Robbie Seay leads worship and Chris Seay is the pastor. We love that place and it has been a sacred haven for us for over 5 years now. Tommy even figured out that our very first time to visit Ecclesia was on The Day of Pentecost many years ago so we thought it was pretty ironic that we were there to say farewell on The Day of Pentecost. Ecclesia and the Seay's will forever hold a special place with us.

The Communion table at Ecclesia. (sans bread)


The Crocker's met us at Ecclesia and we went to eat dinner afterwards. We just can't get enough of some people! We love you guys!! (Oh, and Anna and I got new glasses this weekend with transition lenses. They look kinda dorky in pictures when they're tinted. Kinda hippy like. I'll have to keep that in mind.)

The Stunz and Crocker kids.


And this is what your kids do at the end of the day when they've been couped up in the back seat of a Mazda 3 for about 12 hours. Anything to pass the time and forget about how much their booties hurt.


No comments: