Saturday, June 06, 2009

Brazoswood High School Graduation 2009

Tori and I went to the Brazoswood Graduation Ceremony last night. It was outdoors, with the mosquitoes and sort of hot. I did take a light sweater, though, just in case it got breezy after the sun went down. I know people thought I was crazy but I did end up using it.

This would have been Tori's ceremony if she hadn't been such an overachiever and graduated early. Her close friends graduated and so we went. She was pretty happy that she got to endure experience it from the other side of the fence. We heard one lady cussing about having to be there. Tori mentioned how ironic it is that this is one of the most momentous events in our lives and everyone hates being there. :)

Before we went, I realized that one of Tori's friends' last name starts with "W". Do you know what that means??? Out of a senior class of over 500 we would have to wait for hours, probably around 4 to get to her. Or so I thought. As it turns out, Katie is brilliant so she was in the top 10% and actually walked very early on along with her other close friends whose names were towards the beginning of the alphabet.

The speeches were good! Some pretty clever people headed up the Class of 2009. The beach balls were hilarious and they even had the wave going at one point. Anything to pass the time, right?

Here are some pics that I took. I particularly love the orange hair and purple bow. It has nothing to do with graduation but it's a pretty bold look you must admit.

Congratulations Katie, Liz and Cristi, and Mindy and all the others with last names past "M" that I didn't stick around for cause it was already after 9pm.










"I wish you all the luck in the world. Let's get this show on the road!" Steve Snell, B'wood HS Principal

No comments: