Tuesday, June 02, 2009

How long do hugs last?

I guess we'll find out as yesterday was the first of the tearful goodbye's I've had. Hopefully there won’t be that many. I can usually control myself. I'm not a crier and I'm not typically an openly emotional person at all. But this one got to me.

I'm not a big fan of hugs. In fact, those who know me well, know that I like my space and most of the time I don't want or need anyone in it. :) But, when a hug is given rather than taken, I'm usually up for it. So yesterday when I got and gave hugs to two of my closest friends, hugs to last a couple of years, it was a tad emotional. I don't like this part at all. I'm ready to rip the band aid off and get on the plane. Not really but kinda. This part is necessary but I don't like it.

All that said, I hope the hugs last for a while. I don't have many close friends. Honestly, I don't need many and can't handle very many. I'm not that good of a person to be friends with. But the ones I have are incredible cause they know me and love me anyway and I hate leaving them.

We met the Crocker's and Bennett's (close friends from our Houston days) at Discovery Green park in Houston. It was pretty a cool place. The kids had a great time and were worn out when we left. I loved being with my two friends from Houston. Just occupying the same space with them for a little while is a good thing for me.




2 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

The don't last long enough, that's for sure. This evening will be another good bye for you guys when you tell Jackson goodbye. I told him yesterday that Anna was going to come over and play for a little while today. He was very excited. I told him that when she leaves that would be goodbye for a while. And his mood quickly changed.

crockerdile said...

Can I get more???!! I know that's not gonna be enough. I loved being with ya'll yesterday!!! We love the Stunz'. Oh yeah...Christian didn't know Jake was gonna be there...man, was he mad!