Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Countdown Is On

8 days from now we'll be on a plane headed for Singapore, and this week is pretty full. Our week is full of events and everything pretty much has to go like clockwork to make it all happen. There's really no time for being spontaneous. Not that I'm ever really good at spontaneous anyway... We want to fit it all in and then some because it's all about spending time with those we love but when we get to the end of this week there will not have been enough time, I'm afraid.

A few things have made the list and a few things haven't. We think we've done a good job in spending time with friends and family. I'm sure they'd be telling us if we hadn't. :)

A few months ago, we created a Singapore Bucket List (things we wanted to do before we leave for Singapore) and I think we've mostly accomplished the items on that list. I really wanted to go eat Indian food with Tommy yesterday for lunch at his favorite place there but my to do list was too long and the kids were going to need to be taxi'd around. I really want to go eat at our favorite Persian food place before we leave but it doesn't look like that will be possible. We got to eat Chipotle on Sunday and I waddled out. I think I'll miss that place the most. Why does almost everything we want to do revolve around food? Who knows? It's either that or coffee. Oh well. Food, family, friends, fun and coffee. That's it. That's what matters. Ok, God is at the top of that list but I hope that goes without saying.

I feel very pressed for time but I also feel like we're sort of going in slow motion. I'm really trying to be still long enough to soak in the moment. My moments are going to be drastically changing very soon and I'll miss these ones.

Semi-sad post coming so brace yourself.

No comments: