Sunday, June 07, 2009

Full Circle

These last couple of weeks has been full of things we will do for the last time before we go to Singapore. Amazingly the last time doing some of them is a lot like the first time.

Andrea talked about how we went to Ecclesia for the last time a couple of weeks ago on Pentecost Sunday. I grew up in a church, and still go to one for that matter, that does not observe the liturgical church calendar. So I though it was totally unique the first Sunday we went to Ecclesia they had a guest speaker who followed the liturgy for the day and they remembered Pentecost. Our trip back was a return to the beginnings - a full circle.

The last day in our house I ran the running route I ran the first time I ran from the Center Way house in 2001. I call it 'sidewalk' because it runs along a sidewalk behind houses on Azalea and continues down the side of Plantation to Cedar. The run on ‘sidewalk’ the last day in our house took me full circle.

This morning was our last Sunday at Brazos Pointe Fellowship. BPF is a place I have preached and taught more than any other church we have ever been in. I was ordained at BPF as a preacher and teacher. The first message I ever preached there was at the end of 2002. It was a Christmas series we were preaching using themes from the movie “The Grinch That Stole Christmas” - and my message was on greed. The verses I started on were from Luke 12:15

"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

This morning Greg was preaching on finances in marriage and guess where he went? Luke 12:15. I told Andrea that those were the verses I preached in my first message at BPF and she said, “How do you remember this stuff?”

I just do. - Full circle.

No comments: