Friday, May 29, 2009

All Packed Up

Well, our life is all neatly packed up in a box but it took three days for the moving company to get it that way and many days before that for us to get it all sorted and organized. Our air freight was over so my beloved Bath & Body collection and homemade candles will be travelling by boat. :( We actually had some extra room in the sea container. Benito, the moving guy, told me I needed to go shopping. I was simply too tired, believe it or not...

We had some fun with our mover people. They were very nice and we almost feel like we’ve known them for years. Who knows, maybe we’ll see some of the same ones in a couple years when we unpack all of this mess back here in Texas.

They worked fast and furious to get it all done. I was kinda surprised at the relaxed pace of the first two days with only two packer people. Tommy and I even got to sit around for a while. The third day, however, was a flurry of motion and things went very fast. We're exhausted and we're glad that part of it is over with. My feet, legs and brain have never hurt so bad.

We're spoiled now after this move. Using a moving company, especially when someone else is paying for it, is way better than packing a Uhaul ourselves!

Anna and Jakeb took our dog, Bella, out to my sister's house where she (Bella) has barked so much she's hoarse. Sorry, Colleen. The kids got to watch part of the spelling bee yesterday until they ripped the couches out from under them. We cleaned up the house and turned over the keys to the new owner. They are a sweet couple who will begin raising their family there. We're very happy that it sold and that part is over with as well.

Now, we're at my parents house spread out in their camper and in bedrooms in their house. We'll be here for a couple more weeks spending time with family and friends and then we're off to the next big adventure.

Below are some pics of the last few days. The before's, the during's and the after's.












And there it goes...

4 comments:

Phillip said...

These pictures make me sad.

Andrea said...

Your comment makes me sad.

Unknown said...

I am sad,

you all will be missed

Anna Stunz said...

iam sad about bella not any thing eles. haha