Wednesday, January 07, 2009

My liver is fat!

Well, I went for my year and a half checkup a couple of weeks ago. I went to get routine lab work done along with another ungodly test that I will leave to your imagination.

My iron is always low. I've given blood twice in my life, and neither time went so well. I couldn't even give blood for my own daughter's surgery a few years ago. I've been taking iron for all this time (give or take a few months when I got lazy).

My iron is in check now but she told me I had a fatty liver and my cholesterol is just over where it should be. They did some further tests to make sure it wasn't Hepititis or something and that all came out ok.

Turns out it's probably just the 30 stinkin' pounds I've gained over the last year and a half. Guess I got lazy with more than just my daily iron intake.

DANG!

Not only am I fat on the outside, I'm fat on the inside! That's just wrong!!

I hate New Year's Resolutions. They are only a set-up for failure for me. So I'm not doing that.

I just need daily discipline. I'd rather clean the kitchen than exercise.

I'm walk/jogging the Houston Half Marathon in a week and a half so I'm not totally unhealthy and lazy. I just weigh too much.

Why am I putting this on our family blog, you ask? Well, it's sort of an announcement to my kids that I'm really going to clean out all the junk food in our kitchen and we're going to start eating turkey and twigs again.

My liver needs to lose weight!

Why does food have to be so fun and discipline have to be so unfun???

3 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

Aw man, a fat butt and a fat liver! Just kidding, just kidding, just kidding..... Please don't kill me.

Seriously, that stinks. Well, I would tell you that I will exercise with you but that would be a down right lie. I can come over from time to time to do Wii fitness with you so we can laugh 'till we almost pee in our pants. That could be fun, right? That would burn some calories, right?

Tori said...

although i did say that my food should be exciting the other day i'm glad your cleaning out all the junk. I need to stop eating it too :)

Andrea said...

Come on anytime, Jenny, and we'll do Wii Fit. It would be fun and funny! I hear that peeing your pants gets easier and easier as we get older. I'll have to be careful. :)