Friday, January 30, 2009

Glass half full, half empty or sideways?

Philippians 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Life as we know it in the Stunz household is about to be turned upside down and sideways. I have choices to make daily on how I will respond to situations that arise. I have a choice as to how I let things affect me and how I respond to them. (Philippians 4:4-7) Sometimes I make the wrong choice but, to my credit, I have made some right ones along the way.

So there are a couple of ways I can choose to look at the glass. Full – optimistic to a fault. Half full – realistically optimistic and generally content. Half empty – pessimistic. Empty – totally unhappy with life and anything and anyone in it (these people are downers). I try to be a "half full" kind of gal but I have to consciously choose to be. Half empty or empty just can’t be an option or I’m going down and I’ll drag others down along with me.

OR… I could look at things as half full and sideways. Here’s a picture of a fraction problem that Anna did in math recently. I really like this perspective. She is our optimistic, sideways thinker!! I wish I could be more like her.

No comments: