Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Houston Half Marathon 2009

I know I said the posts would mostly be about Tori. This one includes Tori but I found the picture below and it spurred this post.

Our family is all about to take part in the Houston Marathon somehow. Anna is running in the kids run on Saturday, Tori and I (and my sister, Gwen) are walk/jogging the Half Marathon and Tommy and Jakeb (and my brother-in-law, Mike) are running the Half Marathon. I'm not sure I'm ready for it but ready or not.....

I found this picture from Tommy's first or second Houston Marathon (the full 26.2). Tommy's not in it. I was spectating and waiting around for Tommy to come around the corner and snapped this picture. I had forgotten about it and thought it was funny. You see all kinds of funny stuff at the marathon from the spectator view and the participator's view. I like both views. If you participate, though, you get a "free" t-shirt!


Perhaps these two young ladies ran their share of marathons back in the day.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they are just probably proud grandparents wanting to their grandson or granddaughter win the race. They are lucky to get to be there. Mom