Sunday, January 25, 2009

It's All About Tori - Part 7

Well, 7 is the number of completion so I think that this will be the last post in this series. Jakeb and Anna will no longer be ignored as they kind of have been over the last week or so as we got ready for graduation and party stuff. Thanks for being so gracious and understanding, Jakeb and Anna! You're time will come!

Tori's graduation party yesterday was great and many family members and friends came to celebrate with us. We had TONS of good food and desserts. I put together a video scrapbook of her life and we watched that several times throughout the day. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and we got some good reactions - a few laughs and a few tears. I used right at 200 photos and put some meaningful music behind them. It's too long to post anywhere so if you want to see it, you'll have to come over or I'll sell you a copy for "only $129.95 with $6.95 shipping & handling". College money...... :)

A highlight for me was surprising Tori with a close friend from her younger days when we lived in Spring. I love surprises (giving, not receiving) and it was fun to see the look on Tori's face when she saw her.

Throughout these graduation festivities, I think Tori was humbled and understands how blessed she is to have family and friends who love and support her.

Throughout these festivities, I have been reminded once again of some things that are important:

*Time spent with those you love and those who love you cannot be replaced or recaptured.
*Every once in a while it is good to gorge on fajitas and desserts.
*Choices that we have made and the choices to be made really do matter.
*Wherever you are, be all there, but always be open for change.
*One is never too old to get help from her mom. (My mom scanned about a million pictures for me for the video.)
*Laughter is incredible and we don’t do it often enough!
*Take lots of pictures/video and keep them organized.
*When someone loves your kids, it’s better than them loving you.
*Pappasito’s chips and salsa are the BEST!

"Ok, I'm ready for the video!"


Fun Gifts


Tori & Megan (childhood friend)


Well, movin' on... Not sure what we'll write about next. We don't have very much going on right now. At least not much that some of you will want to read about. :)

No comments: