Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Christmas Music - How much is too much???


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Christmas music!!!
Tommy seems to think that I should only buy one new Christmas album per year and he tries really hard to "encourage" me to adhere to his way of thinking but I can't remember if it's ever worked or not. He has fun trying to limit my purchases but I think we both know that his attempts are futile. I have a cd case full of only Christmas cd's. It went with me when we evacuated for the hurricane! I don't have very many weakness but Christmas cd's and really good candles (like my friend, Laurie J. makes) are up at the top of my "things I gotta have" list.

One year I really did try very hard to only buy one new Christmas cd. I wanted to honor my husband and thought that I could surely do this. I had already bought my one and was very happy with it. I was walking through Hastings (when it was still inside the mall) and a new Harry Connick, Jr. Christmas song was playing through their system. I wanted it sooo bad! Harry is my all time favorite Christmas music and I have every one of his Christmas albums and probably almost every one of his others as well. Anyway, I didn't buy it, although I really wanted to. I walked out into the mall to continue my shopping and a mall employee lady came up to me and gave me a mall gift certificate for $15 because she caught me smiling!! Well, that was just a sign from God so I thanked her, continued smiling, and went right back into Hastings to make my purchase.

This year, I have already bought three! One of which is the latest Harry Connick, Jr., another is Chris Botti (it's really good for background music) and then the Hotel Cafe' Wintersongs with people like Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Barreilles (don't really recommend it, some of the songs are good but not worth buying the whole cd- go to itunes and hand pick the good ones). AND.... Tommy even bought one!! Yo Yo Ma & Friends: Songs of Joy & Peace holiday album. It's really pretty good. Tommy even likes it. He plays cello and other famous artists, that measure up to Tommy's musical standards, play and sing along. It's mostly instrumental.

I'm already up to three new albums this year and I really want another. It's on sale right now too. That's a sign right??? I need to go get Sara Groves new Christmas album. She is my all time favorite artist period and I know that I have every one of her albums. I'm still waiting for Robbie Seay Band's Christmas album and one from Alisa Turner. Definite "must haves" to add to my ever expanding collection.

I thought about doing another hint, hint, wink, wink post but that would be a little obvious, huh? I am going to buy it myself soon, though. So if you plan to put it on my front porch, make it quick! :)

So can you have too much Christmas music? It's pretty apparent what I think.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

No way, good to hear reviews.

I love my Kathy Mattea Christmas CD, if she has more than one, I don't know which I have but it is FAB!

Unknown said...

KM Good News is the one I have!

praynlady said...

haha

haven't bought a new Christmas cd in years. Not my thing I suppose. I do enjoy listening to the music but....Sirius Satelite on my dishnet takes care of it for me! lol