Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Tommy, don't miss it.

This time of year is incredible. It’s the time to remember the culmination of our faith and belief. If Easter has no meaning then I am, as Paul said “above all men, most to be pitied.”

Being the Discipleship Pastor at Brazos Pointe Fellowship is the best job in the world for me. God created me for this. But sometimes I get so caught up in the details that I blow right past the reason I have hope.

During this Easter season we have been planning for this weekend. It is going to be a great Saturday / Sunday experience and you don’t want to miss it. But, in the planning of the details of the day I almost missed the meaning of the day itself.

Jesus paid the highest price to buy me back because he loves me. He died a shameful death, so that I could have the life that I have now. And now he is alive and living inside of me. Christ in me, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)

Today as Ronnie edited a video for the weekend service I watched and heard Jesus say, “Tommy I love you”. As people in a refinery in Texas City experienced a tragic explosion I heard Jesus say, “In the middle of tragedy, I am hope!” As I listened to the prayer request of a friend I heard Jesus say, "Because of Easter, you can pray."

Simple concepts yet so profound.

God help me. I don’t want to miss the proverbial forest as I stare so closely at the bark on the tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, i needed that...