Sunday, March 13, 2005

One Phun Physically Demanding Day

Yesterday was an exhausting day, in a great way. It was a day full of physically demanding fun. My calves are screaming at me because of it.

First Andrea and I got up at 5 am picked up Dedee and went to Houston to run a 10k. I finished it stronger than I though I would. Andrea and Dedee finished it better than they expected too. I saw EQ there and he finished it in 44:31. Blazing!

Then we went to our niece’s birthday party. It was a fun and windy experience.

To top off the day we had a birthday party for our son Jakeb. The party was at AllStar Sports in Clute. AllStar Sports has the best pizza and calzone in Brazosport, a fact I wasn’t aware of until last night. Not only do they serve pizza, they have an indoor soccer field.

We didn’t play soccer; we played dodgeball. It was an incredible amount of fun. We played a game of kids against adults. It was a kick to run around like I was in school again with Kirk and Paul as teammates. Our wives wouldn’t play. We had so much fun I think I’d like to have my birthday party there.

Happy Birthday Jakeb! You’re a great kid! Thanks for having a birthday party where your dad could be a kid again. Now I think I need some pain relievers … ouch.

No comments: