Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's got to be the shoes!

I bought some new running shoes today.



When I was growing up my mom would take me and my brother to the store at the beginning of school to buy clothes. Most of the time those trips were horrible for everyone involved. My mom would be intent on getting new shirts and pants and the two of us were just horse playing and hiding under the clothes rack. I don’t know how many times she would say “Just wait till we get home …!”

The only item of clothing I really cared about was my new pair of shoes. Do you remember getting new shoes when you were a kid? I do. I would run everywhere, because my new shoes made me run faster. I would jump to try to touch everything above me, because my new shoes made me jump higher.

That’s how I feel today. I ran two miles with Jakeb this morning and another mile on my own in my old pair of running shoes. Tomorrow morning I am going to breakfast with a good friend and won't get to run. So I think I’ll go home tonight and go for another run in my new “run fast, jump high” Asics Gel-1100’s. I can't wait!

I don't know about you, but I'm running hard for the finish line. I'm giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me!
1 Corinthians 9:26

No comments: