Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Magic of U2

Tonight I was watching VH1 while I was waiting for Jakeb to get home from the rodeo. They were showing the induction ceremony for U2 into the rock and roll hall of fame.

As I sat and listened to U2 play, all I could think about was how much a part of me some of their songs are. I have always really enjoyed music but there is some music that goes beyond rhythms, sounds, words, and frequency. Some music touches you deep inside of who you are and that’s what some of U2’s music has been for me.

The Edge spoke and here’s some of what he said (not an exact quote):

It’s so hard to keep things fresh and not become a parody of yourself…. Often we take ourselves way too seriously. You can break it down and study it, but you cannot just dial it up. We know it’s magic.

Magic indeed.

No comments: