Monday, March 21, 2005

Live ... right now!

I found a blog today called visual-voice and it is just that - very visual and well spoken.

Lately I’ve thought quite a bit about change. Being on staff at BPF we talk often about and experience change. Click here for the latest (link). I heard someone say that the reason people normally do not progress is not because they have no desire; but because they are too scared to step into the tension of change. This quote from visual-voice on March 4 made me think:

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.

Marcel Pagnol


Marcel, whoever he is, nailed it. Yesterday was great, but I can’t live there any more. Today is all I have to live and I have to live this moment to the hilt. And tomorrow will be what God allows so I will press hard toward the potential tomorrow’s change will bring.

"Until now only the children have been able to overcome what took place, because they have no past - for them, everything that matters is the present moment. So we shall try to act as they do."

Paulo Coelho (The Fifth Mountain)

No comments: