Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Devotions Made Easy

I’ve said in a previous post that I really stink at having disciplined daily devotions and journal time. I remembered that I’d found some on-line helps in the past that I haven’t looked at in a while. Technology might just be the key. I re-discovered a children’s devotional site that I had forgotten about and it has an audio format so you can read along while you listen. For some children (and adults!), that's a great learning style. I listened to today’s entry and it’s pretty good. Parents and teenage siblings will probably think it’s kind of like watching Barney or Teletubbies but the message is good for younger kids and presented at their level of understanding.

I think I will incorporate it into Anna’s morning routine. She can take 5 minutes and go sit and listen before school starts or we could even listen to it while she’s eating breakfast since we have recently joined the 21st century with laptops and Wi-Fi!! I’m sure it’s not proper etiquette to have a computer at the table – kinda like elbows on... or singing at... but it’s spiritual stuff so that makes it okay, right? My mom really did teach me better than that.........

One of our main points of focus in homeschooling Anna will be to familiarize her more with scripture and teach her how to make it a part of her everyday life. Tori and Jakeb were fortunate to have this in our church through Awana when they were younger and Tommy & I want to help Anna build the same strong foundation that Tori & Jakeb had. Not to worry, we’ll throw in some etiquette lessons too.

I’ve mentioned it before but here is my favorite online or book devotion. The daily read is short and packed with truths that keep me thinking all day long.

No comments: