Friday, August 08, 2008

Thankful for Organs

Typically, I pray with Anna at night. Tommy and I have prayed with all three of our kids at night when they were little. We don't so much with Tori and Jakeb anymore because well, usually we are in bed before them now. I know, we're old!

Sometimes I'm super tired and honestly just want to get the prayer thing done but most of the time, the prayer times are precious.

Last night, I made Anna pray first and then I finished up catching all of the things like "protect us as we sleep and help us to love others and serve You tomorrow". She usually prays for our family and our friends that happen to be on her mind at that time and then thanks God for a number of things. Last night she thanked God for our organs and for toothbrushes and toothpaste. I kind of opened my eyes when she said that and probably had an inquisitive look on my face. She apparently knew that I would cause she opened her eyes as if she was waiting for my reaction. She snickered and said, "WHAT? My brain is an organ, right? And I'm thankful for it!" Too funny... I am very thankful for brains and for toothbrushes and toothpaste!

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Jakeb said...

I wish our teeth would just brush themselves...