Monday, June 23, 2008

Nothin' good happens after midnight or 4 minutes before...


On Thursday night, after my sister's wedding and cleaning up and eating dinner out with my family, we finally got to bed around 10:40 (which is super late for us and we were beat!). We were rudely awakened by the doorbell at 11:56. I woke up Tommy and then Tori met us in the hallway at the top of the stairs. We were all half asleep and dazed. Tommy went downstairs and Tori and I looked out the bathroom windows to see if we could see anything. We didn't see any activity. She and I finally came downstairs and Tommy had already peeked out the door to see what was there and it stunk really bad. We looked out the downstairs windows and he finally felt like it was safe enough to open the door.


Some childish individual had put a smoke bomb on our front porch, on the straw mat. Straw is flammable, you know! By the time he had opened the door, it had already burnt out but it was super stinky.

So, if you're reading this, and you were the one who thought it would be a good idea to spend 1.99 on the smoke bomb and then thought it would be funny to wake up the Stunz's at 11:56 at night - you were wrong! We lost precious sleep, were just a little freaked out, found zero humor in it and now we have to buy a new welcome mat cause ours has a big ol' burnt mark in it!! And it still stinks so how welcoming is that?

3 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

You should get rid of that welcome mat and get one that says, "Go away!"

Wasn't me, by the way. I'm too cheap to spend $2.00 to tick you guys off. I can do that for free.

OnlineJobs4us.co.in said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

Where can I find one of those mats, I wonder? I'll have one out during the day that says "welcome" and change it when we go to bed for the one that say "bug off!"