Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Broadcast




Bigstuf in one word was incredible. The theme was Broadcast this time and it was all about how what you enjoy or put first in your life is what you broadcast through your life to others who listen. That’s how it started and at the end they talked about how you need to make things right with God before He can start working and broadcasting through you in many different ways. Jared Heard and Stuart Hall were the speakers and they were incredible. While Stuart was the funniest and got the point across, Jared had the best message. I’m sure if you asked people who went they would say the opposite. But this is my post.

The band was one of the best praise and worship bands I have ever heard. Better than Steve Fee I am sorry to say. They played anything and everything just like it is supposed to be played. The guitarist, Ben I could easily compare to Phillip Hintze my guitar teacher and played incredibly. James David played acoustic guitar and sang. He sang realllllly well and had awesome hair like Ben the guitar player whos hair seemed to get longer every session.

The beach was beautiful and I got too many pictures on my phone of it. Ha I couldn’t help it. We saw stingrays an screamed like little girls until we could make it back to shore in a hurry.

It was fun and I learned a lot. Most importantly I feel like I am closer to God and I think everyone who went could say that. I can’t imagine anyone saying that they weren’t changed by going to Bigstuf it was so incredible.

There were many great stories that were told and I couldn't begin to tell you all of them.

Here is one. Just watch the video. Click on Jack/hope...>>>>>> Jack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, you fixed the spelling and linked me. Thanks.

Oh, and the guitar player in that band is probably better than me. Music is not an athletic event or anything - but there's a reason that he's playing in that band. Most of the people in that band play with the 722 band or Passion or somewhere in Nashville or something.

Andrea said...

Well, actually... his mother did that. I couldn't help myself. If nothing was said, he probably would never have noticed that I did it. I would have waited and let him do it but I was here and he'll probably sleep until noon! :)

Phillip, I fear you underestimate yourself!