Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Anna's Piano Recital

Anna and Tori are both taking piano now. Tori and Jakeb both took when they were younger for a few years. It became uncool and too expensive for Jakeb to keep it up and oboe took over for Tori and we couldn't do piano and oboe lessons so since oboe was for a grade, guess which we chose?

Anna began taking piano lessons almost two years ago. We switched teachers in January of this year and at that time, Tori decided she would be interested in taking again. It is just the most wonderful thing to hear my kids play and sing! I sound like my mother! :)



Tori did not want to participate in the recital, which I completely understand, and Jakeb doesn't have a recital for his guitar lessons, but Anna did participate in her recent recital with her new teacher. It is a very casual atmosphere with not too much emphasis on formalities, which you'll see when Anna bows. We just aren't teaching our kids the more important things in life, I guess. She should know how to curtsey (heck, I didn't even know how to spell it but spellcheck said this was right) They had a swim party afterwards which I'm pretty sure was Anna's main motivation for participating in the recital. The girl LOVES to swim!

Here's the video of Anna's song, "Plurals". She played it from memory and started in the wrong finger position but quickly found her place and had a little bobble in the middle but again, recovered quite well. She is so much more confident in her recitals than I ever dreamed of being! I'm such a proud mama!!



No comments: