Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The kids just left and I miss them already!

Tonight, Tori and Jakeb left for BigStuf camp in Panama Beach, FL. It’s Tori’s third time to go to that camp and Jakeb’s first. I’m not sure which one of them was more excited. They sat around all afternoon looking at the clock. “Is it time to go yet?” It was at BigStuf two years ago that Tori came back with a strong desire to go to Kenya and in just over a month, she is going. It’s always cool to see what God does at this camp.

Anna will go to “camp grandma” starting tomorrow. She’ll be going to my parents until Saturday and then to Tommy’s parents through Monday. Whatever will Tommy & I do with ourselves??? Actually, I have to get a couple of major projects done here at home and work a little at the church office to do some web work and finish cleaning up some things on our church website. Tommy will be at work too. I’m hoping we’ll get to enjoy some peace and quiet in the evenings, maybe watch a movie or two or maybe spend some time with some friends, who knows.

I'm sure I will miss our kids a lot!! Even though it’s nice to have a break, I was made to be their mom and I’m just not myself when they’re not around. I’m sure I'll wander through their rooms a few times during the week. I'm sure I'll be keeping my phone close to me just in case they call (they are pretty good about calling - I sure hope that lasts). I’m sure we’ll have some stories to post when they all get home. And I'm sure I will be glad to see them.

No comments: