Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cherished Chaos Returns Soon

The kids will be home in a couple of days. The house is soooo quiet!!! Tori has called at least once each day and is having a great time. I haven't heard from Jakeb not once!!! The difference between boys and girls, I guess. I know he's still alive because Tori has seen him once or twice. I think he's been busy beating people in the basketball tournament.

Anna is having a great time at my mom's. My mom has been wonder woman this week! She's in charge of her church's VBS this week and has five kiddos at her house. Three of them are under the age of 5! My mom has always loved sharing her faith (and her pancakes!) with others and just can't imagine not bringing every kid in the world that would want to come to VBS with her. My mom makes the best pancakes in the world - from scratch! None of this Hungry Jack business! She loves cooking for her family, especially for her grandkids! I think Anna will probably come home a pound or two heavier. :) Anna moves over to Mimi's this afternoon where she is just as spoiled there as she is a Mawmaw's. When she comes home from being with grandparents, there's some re-training that usually occurs and we have to tell her, "You're not at Mimi's anymore! Go do your chores and get your own drink!" :) Grandparents are awesome and our kids have the best in the land!

Tommy and I have spent a lot of quiet time watching "the nothing" that is on tv. I'm not quite sure why we pay so much money for it when we constantly find ourselves flipping channels to find something worth watching. I've done a little shopping and got to have coffee with a couple of friends. It's pretty much been quiet and uneventful. This afternoon we go with my sister and her fiancé to eat dinner and then to a concert in the Woodlands -Chicago and The Doobie Brothers. I can't recall ever having gone to a big name band secular concert. If I did, I'm guessing it wasn't good cause I don't remember it. I know I've lived such a sheltered life! :) Anyway, it will be fun to hang out with Gwen & Mike and enjoy some good "blast from the past" music.

Tomorrow is Father's Day and the kids won't be around. Tommy is great at a lot of stuff and he's especially great at being a dad!! Maybe Jakeb will call his Dad on Father's day. We'll see... We celebrated Father's Day with Tommy on Tuesday before the kids all left. Tommy & I will go see our dads but it'll probably be just another quiet day for us.

Then on Monday, the cherished chaos returns.

No comments: