Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Birthday Celebration!

My dad turned 70 yesterday. This past Saturday, my sisters and some other family members took him to a Brazilian Churrascaria, Fogo de Chao, in Houston for dinner. We lived in Brazil when I was a kid for 4 years and it was a great time for our family. So anytime we get the chance to relive memories from there we take it.

The restaurant was an interesting and intense experience! It's also pricey but it was worth it for this occasion for sure. It was pretty much like a feeding frenzy of activity unless your coaster was turned to red, then they stop bringing you meat and you have a minute to look up and take a breather. If your coaster is on green they swarm you like nothing I've ever seen with meat after meat after meat. The meat was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious! They bring small dishes (because they know you are about to eat your weight in meat) of garlic potatoes, some fried corn meal stuff and fried bananas. I think Gwen and I ate our $50 worth in bananas! They were incredible!!

It was fun, we were gluttons, and we celebrated! I can't believe my dad is 70. That age seems old when you say it but for some reason, it doesn't fit him.

Dad, we hope your 71st year is the best ever!!









Check out the wrapping job! My sister wrapped it in a brown paper sack with blue duct tap and the bow is plastic grocery bags. Pretty cool, huh? My dad really liked the wrapping and the gift!


2 comments:

serendipity08 said...

I love the fried bananas ! Yum !
Serendipity

Unknown said...

We had fried plantains in Bolivia several times Anjelica made them for us! Super delicious!

What a great celebration, your family kept those Brazilians running!