Friday, May 16, 2008

The perfect water bottle search is over!

If you don't care to read all of my water bottle search woes just scroll down to view the picture and get your own at Starbucks for $10! That's it in a nutshell. If you've got nothing better to do and want the full story, read on...

----------------
For weeks now, I have been searching for the perfect reusable water bottle. I wanted to quit purchasing cases of bottled water and get each of us a bottle that we could refill. I'm not trying to go completely green, maybe just a light shade of green. We try to do what we can to be environmentally conscious without going overboard with the whole idea.

What I've been doing for quite some time now is using one regular plastic water bottle and refilling it throughout the day. I heard recently, though, that these disposable bottles are supposed to be a "one time use" bottle and when reused will leak toxins into your water and into your body. Well, that just bothered me a little. Although it came from a trustworthy source, Julia Roberts on Oprah, I didn't research it and it may not even be true but I was already at the point of not wanting to keep spending the money on those cases of water anyway so this just clinched my decision.

So... my search was on.

Tommy and I saw some at Academy first and we went ahead and bought 5 of them in different colors. They were less than $3 each. I guess this is one of those things that you get what you pay for. You pretty much had to suck out of it like a baby. None of us liked them. I think Tommy was willing to tolerate it but he was willing to unscrew the lid each time he wanted a drink. What a pain!

Then we bought two at Target. One is a Rubbermaid bottle with a yellow pop-out lid so Anna could take it to school. She doesn't drink milk so she takes water every day and since we're not buying bottles she needed something to take. Do you know they won't let her "have" water in a cup? She won't drink the juice or milk so they would actually let her go thirsty for lunch if she didn't take water. Crazy! Anyway, that one works for her but it's not cute! The other one was a higher end, lovely lavender, Eddie Bauer water bottle. It has its issues but it was okay. Still not perfect, though. It was a little too big and not easy enough to drink out of. I want the water to pour into my mouth. I don't think that drinking water should take such effort.

So, Tommy & I were in Starbucks on Tuesday, you can already tell this is going to be good, huh? Starbucks is synonymous with good! They had a water bottle that looked like it might be just what I was searching for. It cost $10 so I really looked long and hard. I decided to give it a go. It meets all of my perfect water bottle requirements. It’s small enough to fit in my purse, it doesn’t leak, it has a real hole for the water spout not a sucker thing, and it looks good!!! Here's a picture.


I know you're completely relieved and will rest better the next time you lay your head on your pillow knowing that this ordeal is finally over. Now, at $10 a pop, we're going to have to save up if we're going to get some for the rest of the family.

4 comments:

Jenny Hintze said...

Gee, I don't know. I'm thinking about banning Starbucks.

Andrea said...

HA! That's funny. My head is spinning with options of things to write but I will refrain.

If anyone doesn't know what she's referring to, go check out this blog and read a few posts back about a group in California banning starbucks.

http://jesusneedsnewpr.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

Oops. It was just yesterday's post so if you're reading this today, Saturday, May 17th, in the morning, it's the most recent post.

Anonymous said...

I don't like the new/old logo simply because she's fat & it makes me think about the fat calories in my frapp and where they will end up-thighs! At least the stylized logo hid the rolls...Wonder what Christians will boycott next? I love it when they make us look so good...