Thursday, May 29, 2008

Landa Park Day Trip

We try to get to Landa Park one time each summer. We got to the Aquatics Center which has a huge, icey cold, Comal river fed swimming pool with docks out in the middle, rope swings, an enormous water slide. You can take ice chests and blankets and whatever you want to take in with you so you really don't end up spending much money while there. We love to stop at Schlotsky's for dinner before heading home. I sure wish we had one of those here!

We got to go this past Monday and it was a blast as usual. Tori and Jakeb each took a friend, Peter came with Tori and Kyle came with Jakeb. Anna will most likely get to take a friend the next time we get to go. I was so proud of her for doing everything. This was her first year to be tall enough for the big stuff. She went to the little blue slide in the kiddie area just to try it out and didn't even go on it cause it looked boring. She's growing up!

We left at 8am and got home around 9:30pm. A long day but for as much fun as we have it was worth it.

Here are some pics and short video clips from the day. There's alot of them but it's my post so I can do what I want and you can look at them - or not. I keep waiting for blogger to tell me I've reached my maximum server space limit. Do they even have a limit? Hope not...



Anna on the dock. We had the place almost to ourselves when we got there. It got more crowded as the day went on but it wasn't as bad as we expected for the opening, holiday weekend.



This is Tori going down the big slide. You have to be able to really hold your breath good to not get water all up in your brain. The girls all plug their noses and that's okay! The guys are too macho for that.





You can't tell but this is Peter.



At Landa Park, even siblings have fun playing together! (sounds like a commercial, huh?)


Kyle - upside down. He did hit the water and not the concrete!




Jakeb in mid flip formation off of the rope swing. The guys were all sore the next day, I think.



Tommy chillin'. No pics of me, I did do stuff but someone had to document the day.


The kids chillin'. Time for a snack.




Peter in mid rotation flying through the air.

Anna flyin' off of the rope swing. I've only done this once or twice in all the times we've ever gone. It's painful on your arms and I have zero upper body strength!





Tommy's flippin'! I don't know too many 41 year old men that can do that and with such great form! What a man!! Inevitably he does that on the swing, everyone cheers and the next one or two behind him in line try it and belly or back flop and then it's over. It's funny - what happens, I mean, not Tommy's flip.



Anna jumping off of the rope swing.

Not sure who that is coming down. I think it's Kyle or Peter. You have to look hard to see all the spinning going on.

Jakeb coming down on his belly. He didn't plug his nose!

Anna coming down the slide. I think the slide is still her favorite - the big one, not the lame kiddie one. Good job, Anna!

I'm impressed that you read all the way to the end! This post took me over an hour to do. I sure hope someone appreciates it!

2 comments:

RDane said...

appreciated!

we have never heard of this park...looks and sounds great. we will have to check it out sometime.

thanks for sharing.

randy and ash

Andrea said...

Thanks!

Tommy went there as a kid. I didn't know about it until after we got together.

The river water is super cold so Kendall may not like that too much but there are regular chlorine pools and one is a kid's pool.

The regular park outside of the pool is fun too. It's a beautiful park with picnic tables and a little choo choo train that goes all around the park. There are paddle boats also.

I'm sure you'll have fun when you go. Check the website for their hours. They close one day for cleaning.