Monday, May 12, 2008

Jumpin' in the River - Part 2

Today I turned in my resignation with my current employer and on May 27 I start a new job. Really the whole family is starting a new job even though I will be the only one that goes there … for now.

For the last month we have been praying about and talking through what it would be like for me to take a job that has a chance of sending us to Singapore to live. Andrea and I sat the kids down and told them about it and asked them their opinions about living in a foreign place. They told us their fears and their excitement. Tori talked about the possibility of going to college while we are far away.

The whole process of making the decision to change jobs seemed like it took forever but I think it was good for us all to be able to process our thoughts with each other out loud while we were waiting. I have to say though that waiting stinks.

The first project I am on will keep me close to home. Then the second project will take me to the office in Katy. We will continue to live here and I will commute. There is still a chance that we will not go overseas but if it does happen it will be around the fall of 2009.

There are so many fears and unknowns but we like adventure. We know we are taking some chances by making changes but the fun part of change is the expectation of the potential good that could come. So once again we jump into the river where we do not control the speed or direction of the flow but have high expectations for the things we will see and experience as we float in its current.

BTW - Now you know what the "Uncertainty" post was all about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Soaking Wet!!! You all jumped in the Comal! I'm in Bastrop Bayou.

Congrats on the new job!