Monday, May 12, 2008

I love being a mom!!

Next to being a wife, the most favorite thing I am is a mom. From the time I was a little child I knew I wanted to be a mom. Later in life I figured out that to do things right I should get married first. :) Thankfully, God provided the best husband in the world and a wonderful parenting partner.

Our first Mother's Day when Tori was a baby ended up being a pretty bad day due to unspoken expectations on my part and Tommy just not having any idea what was this day was supposed to be like. We had very different upbringings when it came to holidays and special days. We got over that bad Mother's Day and have had some really good ones over the last 20 years. (Yes, we've been married almost 20 years! I know we don't look that old!)

Yesterday, we went to church and then to Mendoza's for lunch. We've been there before on Sunday's and it's usually super crowded. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. I guess not too many mom's pick Mendoza's for their Mother's Day lunch. Oh well, we've never been accused of being conformists.

I got to lay around and watch tv with Tori for a while, Tommy helped me clean out our bookshelf in our room, yes I enjoyed that, and they gave me some accent pieces to my new dishes that I got for my birthday last year and some really great cards.

I have three awesome kids and I love being their mom!!!

3 comments:

Jakeb said...

Well you did a pretty good job if i may say so myself.

Jenny Hintze said...

Did?

She'd still doing it. She'll be doing it for the rest of her life.

Or did you mean she did a good job on the bookshelves? If that's the case, I stand corrected.

I got the best present any mother can get. A nap.

Andrea said...

I'm pretty sure he meant that I did a good job being a mom to him cause he's pretty self-confident that way. :)

Jenny is right, though, Jakeb. I'm not done with you yet! So far, so good, though!

We did a good job on the bookshelves too... Man, four black trash bags of old stuff we'll never look at againt and four or five boxes of unnecessary books and a ton of dust!!!