Saturday, May 24, 2008

For the LAST time... #2

For the LAST time... #1 (You can read this post to find out what this is all about.)

Yesterday, Tommy and I had our LAST "Friday date day". He's been off on Friday's so we've usually gone out of town somewhere, usually to different parts of Houston to eat, play and just get away. We're not sure what his new work schedule will look like so we will need to be a little more creative about scheduling our dates.








Yesterday was the LAST big pancake breakfast for this school year. We only have three more 07-08 school breakfast's to go. Here's a pic.










Thursday was Tori's LAST Buccaneer Band concert - Bandorama. Since she's graduating early, she can't fit in the marching season band schedule and get all of her academics in too.



Here's a pic of Tori and a couple of her friends who play the cymbals. I got some other pics of her and her friends during the concert but they just didn't turn out good.





Her band director, Brian Casey (aka Indiana Jones in this video), is the best and she will miss him alot! Jim Koch is also incredible and was actually my band director when I was there. It's so cool that she had the same band director that I did. Mr. Casey always make their music fun. Here's a video of their Indiana Jones performance.




This is the LAST Brazoswood Buccaneer fight song I will most likely get on video. She'll probably play it one more time at graduation but I probably won't video it. Tommy and I went to B'wood too so this was also our fight song. I played it in the Buc band when I was there so it was strangely emotional for me to hear it knowing I wouldn't be connected to it this way again.



This is the LAST time I will get to video Tori playing with the drumline. She plays the oboe in band but gets to play cymbals with the drumline during marching season and for drumline gigs. They played after the concert on Thursday for about 30 minutes (the video's not that long, though). Eric Harper, aka "Harper", is an extremely talented percussion director and has also made that part of Tori's band experience a blast. It's been a fun ride!!



There may be a couple of posts that break up this little series but this isn't the last of the LAST's.

No comments: