Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Buildings and camps

The normal part of this week ends today - as normal parts of any weeks go, and tomorrow our family is going to Junior High Camp. There is so much to do here that it is hard to leave. Life (and church) will go on quite well without me I’m sure.

This weekend Brazos Pointe will start meeting in our new location. We still have to pass an inspection from the city to occupy the building so it would be cool if you could pray that way.

The sound system still needs to be put in place, the bathrooms still need to be put back together, and a door has to be replaced. But the right people are leading the charge (not me) and working on all that is left so I think it will come together.

It has been good to work on this building. Through the work I have been able to get closer to people I barely knew and closer to people I know well already. I wonder what we will all do when the work is finished.

No blogging for a couple of days while were at camp. I’ll be back to the blogsphere sometime next week. I hope you all get to see some fireworks with the people you love.

Be real …

1 comment:

Tommy said...

Well said Laurie.

We will have fun at camp. Part of the reason for our existence is to embarrass our kids. I think we do it without even trying very hard.