Monday, June 27, 2005

To run again ...

Before I speak I have this nervous pent up energy that needs to be released. Usually that energy gets released during a morning run but morning runs haven’t been possible because of a trashed ankle. (I know ... I'm such a whiner)

Yesterday morning before church I helped set-up and then came home to clean up. My ankle has been swollen but hasn’t hurt so as I passed through the den I heard the treadmill calling my name. “Tommy run on me – you know you NEED it.” So I did. I ran a mile, at an easy pace. It was heaven. Even though it was short and slow it felt good to move again. I’ve been lifting weights and riding my bike some but its just not the same as running.

This morning I put on my headphones and turned on King’s X loud for a few easy miles. I ended up running three at good pace. Man I love to run.

Music, music, I hear music … music over my head.

2 comments:

Phillip Hintze said...

Excellent! I meant to ask you yesterday how the ankle was feeling.

I just don't understand how there can be an "easy three miles." For me, three miles is not easy, and my ankle is 100%.

Tommy said...

Keep running man and three will seem like nothing.