Saturday, June 25, 2005

Comfort from friends, prayer, my wife and the Bible

I officiated a funeral on Friday. Funerals are never easy but this one was emotionally draining mainly because it was an untimely death and I didn’t know quite a few of the people who attended. Some Brazos Pointe folks were there and they told me as they walked in the door that they were praying for me. One of our church leaders, Mark, gave the eulogy. Mark's wife Jennifer handled much of the details. Andrea encouraged me through the whole week. The prayers, being able to have Mark be a part of the funeral, Jennifer's help and Andrea’s presence were all huge comforts to me.

To top it off Andrea and I are speaking on the subject of sex (Mr and Mrs. Wondeful) this weekend in church.

Early in the week I ran across a verse from the Bible referenced in a book I am reading. It was an additional comfort for me throughout the week. The verse is Psalm 16:8. I posted it previously but here it is again:

I have set the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.


God always provides what I need right on time.

No comments: