Thursday, June 09, 2005

Country Music

I'm not a fan of country music. People who know me know as much. In fact as I write I'm listening to the new Cold Play (X&Y). So I thought this was an excellent post by Scott Williams and decided to rip it off to post here. Here is a link to it on Scott's blog ... link

___
i love country music too

Two men, sentenced to die in the electric chair on the same day, were led down to the room in which they would meet their maker. The priest had given them last rites, the formal speech had been given by the warden, and a final prayer had been said among the participants.

The warden, turning to the first man, solemnly asked, "Son, do you have a last request?"To which the man replied, "Yes sir, I do. I love country music. Could you please play Garth Brooks for me one last time?"

"Certainly," replied the warden.

He turned to the other man and asked, "Well, what about you, son? What is your final request?""Please," said the condemned man, "kill me first."

____
I know this is a dangerous post, being from Texas with Texas readers. I just ask that you be nice to one another in the comments. It's just a joke ...

5 comments:

Ronnie Whitehead said...

Greg,
Don't ever threaten the SOUND TECHNICIAN with a "I can play my music louder than you" post. It's not wise. As for country music, it is really authenticity when it's sung in a drunken stuper with someone else's wife hanging on your arm?

Just kidding.

Phillip Hintze said...

I'll be narrow-minded and say that music does nothing for me (other than make me want to turn it off). It could be any number of things. It could be 1) that nasally country accent (think Dwight Yoakam) or 2) the limited harmonic language (C - G7 all day long!) or maybe 3) cheesy lyrics about finding a "tear in my beer 'cause I'm crying for you dear" are too deep, or "authentic" for me. ;)

Again, I don't mean to step on your musical preferences by implying that my opinion is more important than yours (even though it might be). I mean, I can't expect everyone to have the musical maturity to listen to a band called The Flaming Lips. /sarcasm off.

Phillip Hintze said...

I meant to say that country music does nothing for me.

Ginger said...

Too funny. I shall take that one home today. :)

equarles said...

today when I went running, I had a hard time listening to the words to "Live like you were dying"
With what dad's going through and what my mom's been through in the past few months, that was a tough song to listen to.