Thursday, June 09, 2005

My ankle is toast

This morning I ran with Jakeb. It’s the first time we’ve run together in weeks. So we decided to go for two easy miles and then I was going to run two on my own.

Less than a quarter of a mile from the house we were into a light jog and talking about how fast to run. As I stepped up onto a curb my foot hit some loose rocks and I went down in a heap. My ankle twisted and all of a sudden I was staring up at the sky. I popped up, not wanting passersby to see me lying on the ground because I was more worried about my pride than my ankle. As soon as I stood up I went back to the ground. I think it weirded Jakeb out because he has never seen me in as much pain as I was this morning. I hobbled back home and took an ibuprofen and put ice on my ankle.

Now I have a right ankle as big as a baseball. This is becoming a common occurrence. About twice a year I do something to twist my ankle while running. It’s getting old. I am not a very good at being at rest. I do not like being motionless. I WANT TO MOVE!

"Be still, and know that I am God; Psalm 46:10

I guess I don’t have much of a choice now do I? I sound bitter and maybe I am … a little. But I want to run.

No comments: